Doubly Certified Virginia Installer
We’re proud to meet or exceed all Virginia licensing standards, and to have earned the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners’ PV [photovoltaic] Technical Sales Certification and their PV Installation Professional Certification. (We’re one of less than 100 nationwide – to have earned both.)
Our approach is to make sure your solar system goes in on time and on budget, that it performs as promised, and that it gives you decades of trouble-free, dependable service, saving money for you year after year.
Federal Solar Credits and Incentives
- Thanks to new legislation, the federal tax credit is increased to 30% of your solar installation’s price.What’s more, you can can now wither take it as a federal income tax credit, or as a tax refund, or sell it. (You’ll need to include form 5695 with your Federal Tax return. )
- Also, thanks to that new legislation, you can now take 30% on backup batteries as well, provided you either install them with your solar panels or have them retrofitted up to a year later.
- USDA REAP program – Grants up to 25% of total installation cost for farms or small businesses located in areas of less than 50,000 population
- USDA High Energy Cost Federal Grant Program – Grants of up to $5 million.
- IRS Residential Energy Conservation Subsidy Exclusion – 100% subsidy for energy efficient improvements, including solar, to single- and multi-family residences
- Residential Energy Efficient Tax Credit – Federal Energy Incentive – Up to $1500 for residential energy efficiency improvements including solar.
- The Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS) lets businesses depreciate solar equipment over just five years.
Virginia Solar Rebates and Incentives
Virginia has some incentives to help residents become energy independent by converting to solar or other renewables. These include property tax incentives, property-assessed clean energy (PACE) financing, a performance-based incentive offered by the Tennessee Valley Authority, and net metering.
Local Virginia Solar Incentives
Arlington County Green Building Incentive Program – For single- and multi-family homes and commercial buildings
Most Milestone Solar customers report their electric bills are about half what they used to be.
WHAT TO DO DURING A POWER OUTAGE
- Check your breakers and fuses.
- Check to see if your neighbors have lights.
- Report the outage.
|A&N Electric Cooperative||757-665-5118|
|Central Virginia Electric Cooperative||800-367-2832|
|Mecklenburg Electric Cooperative||877-632-5688|
|Northern Neck Electric Cooperative||800-243-2860|
|Prince George Electrical Cooperative||804-834-2424|
|Shenandoah Valley Electrical Cooperative||540-434-2200|
|Southside Electrical Cooperative||866-878-5514|
- Stay calm and stick together
- Turn off any electric ovens, ranges or space heaters you may have been using.
- Unplug sensitive home electronics that surges can damage when the power returns.
- Stay clear of downed power lines or electrical equipment where there’s standing water.
- Prevent possible fires by using flashlights instead of candles.
- Don’t use gas ovens or ranges to heat your home.
- In winter, keep your home as warm as possible by closing off unused rooms and not opening any doors unless you need to.
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer cold by keeping them closed.
- Protect your family from exhaust fumes by never, ever, running a generator inside your home, basement or any other indoor space.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE A POWER OUTAGE
Why not call 866-688-4274 or click here to learn how a Milestone Solar system with a sealed, maintenance-free battery backup can power your essential appliances during a blackout, day or night.
You’ll get straight facts and honest answers (never salesmanship and hype) about whether solar is right for your home or business.