Doubly Certified Pennsylvania Installer
Milestone Solar isn’t one of the biggest solar companies in Pennsylvania – and we don’t want to be. By installing dozens of solar systems a year, not hundreds, there’s no need for high-pressure salesmanship, for rushing jobs or for cutting corners, just to make our numbers.
We’re proud to meet or exceed Pennsylvania’s licensing standards, and to have earned the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners’ PV [photovoltaic] Technical Sales Certification and their PV Installation Professional Certification. (Less than 100 solar installers nationwide have earned both.)
And to make sure sure your solar array goes in on time and on budget, that it performs as promised, and that it gives you decades of trouble-free, dependable, money-saving renewable energy..
PENNSYLVANIA’S GOT PLENTY OF SUNLIGHT FOR YOU TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF.
Even when it’s cloudy, a Milestone Solar system generates electricity and saves you money.
|CITY||SUNNY DAYS PER YEAR||PARTLY SUNNY DAYS PER YEAR||TOTAL||AVERAGE ANNUAL HOURS OF SUNLIGHT|
|Wilkes-Barre & Scranton||70||106||176|
Solar Savings in Pennsylvania
Federal Solar Credits and Incentives
- Thanks to new legislation, the federal tax credit is increased to 30% of your solar installation’s price.What’s more, you can can now wither take it as a federal income tax credit, or as a tax refund, or sell it. (You’ll need to include form 5695 with your Federal Tax return. )
- Also, thanks to that new legislation, you can now take 30% on backup batteries as well, provided you either install them with your solar panels or have them retrofitted up to a year later.
- USDA REAP program – Grants up to 25% of installation cost for farms or small businesses located in areas of 50,000 or less population
- USDA High Energy Cost Federal Grant Program – Grants of up to $5 million.
- IRS Residential Energy Conservation Subsidy Exclusion – 100% subsidy for energy efficient improvements, including solar, to single- and multi-family residences
- Residential Energy Efficient Tax Credit – Federal Energy Incentive – Up to $1500 for residential energy efficiency improvements including solar.
- The Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS) lets businesses depreciate solar equipment over just five years.
Pennsylvania Rebates, Grants, and Incentives
- Pennsylvania Sunshine Solar Rebate Program – Available only through state-approved contractors. (Milestone Solar is a Pennsylvania-approved solar energy installer.) Your installer will complete and submit the rebate paperwork for you. Your rebate will be $750 per kilowatt your system can generate, up to $7500 or 35% of the installation cost.
- High Performance Building Incentives Program – Up to $2 million for energy efficient building improvements, including solar
- Pennsylvania Energy Development Authority Grants – Up to $1 million per project to nonprofits, schools, local governments, and industrial businesses for energy efficiency improvements including solar
- Pennsylvania Solar Renewable Energy Credits – As a Pennsylvania homeowner, you receive Solar Renewable Energy Credits for every megaWatt-hour of electricity your system generates (even when you use that electricity yourself). The value of your SRECs varies with market conditions, but it’s all pure profit.
Electric Utility Rebates
- Metropolitan Edison Company (FirstEnergy Territory) – Up to $25,000 for businesses, nonprofits and schools that go solar
- Penelec SET of the Community Foundation for the Alleghenies Grant Program (FirstEnergy Territory) – Up to $25,000 for businesses, nonprofits and schools that go solar
Most Milestone Solar customers report that their electric bills are about half what they used to be.
WHAT TO DO DURING A POWER OUTAGE
- Check your breakers and fuses.
- Check to see if your neighbors have lights.
- Report the outage.
|Citizens’ Electric Company||570-524-2231|
|Met-Ed,PEPCO, Penelec, Penn Power, Wellsboro Electric Company, West Penn Power||888-LIGHTSS (544-4877)|
|Pike County Light & Power||877-434-4100|
- Stay calm and stick together
- Turn off any electric ovens, ranges or space heaters you may have been using.
- Unplug sensitive home electronics that surges can damage when the power returns.
- Stay clear of downed power lines or electrical equipment where there’s standing water.
- Prevent possible fires by using flashlights instead of candles.
- Don’t use gas ovens or ranges to heat your home.
- In winter, keep your home as warm as possible by closing off unused rooms and not opening any doors unless you need to.
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer cold by keeping them closed.
- Protect your family from exhaust fumes by never, ever, running a generator inside your home, basement or any other indoor space.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE A POWER OUTAGE
Why not call 866-688-4274 or click here to learn how a Milestone Solar system with a sealed, maintenance-free battery backup can power your essential appliances during a blackout, day or night.
You’ll get straight facts and honest answers (never salesmanship and hype) about whether solar is right for your home or business.