Milestone Solar isn’t West Virginia’s biggest solar installer – and we think that’s perfectly okay. By performing dozens of installations a year, not hundreds, there’s no need for high-pressure salesmanship, or for rushing jobs, or for cutting corners, just to make numbers.
We’re proud to meet or exceed all of West Virginia’s licensing standards, and to have earned the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners’ PV [photovoltaic] Technical Sales Certification and their PV Installation Professional Certification. (We’re West Virginia’s only solar professional – and one of just 93 nationwide – to have earned both.)
Our approach is to make sure your solar array goes in on time and on budget, that it performs as promised, and that it gives you decades of trouble-free, dependable, money-saving service.
West Virginia Solar Facts
West Virginia’s got plenty of sunlight for you to take advantage of.
Even when it’s cloudy, a Milestone Solar system generates electricity and saves you money.
|CITY||SUNNY DAYS PER YEAR||PARTLY SUNNY DAYS PER YEAR||TOTAL|
Solar Savings in West Virginia
Your federal tax credit will be 30% of your installation price. You’ll need to include form 5695 with your Federal Tax return. This credit is available until 2016 and can be rolled over.
Most Milestone Solar customers report their electric bills are about half what they used to be.
What to do during a power outage
- Check your breakers and fuses.
- Check to see if your neighbors have lights.
- Report the outage.
|Allegheny Power Company||304-424-6459|
|West Virginia Electric||304-363-6900|
- Stay calm and stick together
- Turn off any electric ovens, ranges or space heaters you may have been using.
- Unplug sensitive home electronics that surges can damage when the power returns.
- Stay clear of downed power lines or electrical equipment where there’s standing water.
- Prevent possible fires by using flashlights instead of candles.
- Don’t use gas ovens or ranges to heat your home.
- In winter, keep your home as warm as possible by closing off unused rooms and not opening any doors unless you need to.
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer cold by keeping them closed.
- Protect your family from exhaust fumes by never, ever, running a generator inside your home, basement or any other indoor space.
What to do before a power outage
Why not call 866-688-4274 or click here to learn how a Milestone Solar system with a sealed, maintenance-free battery backup can power your essential appliances during a blackout, day or night.
You’ll get straight facts and honest answers (never salesmanship and hype) about whether solar is right for your home or business.