Maryland Solar Facts
Milestone Solar isn’t one of Maryland’s biggest solar installers – and we don’t want to be. By performing dozens of installations a year, not hundreds, there’s no need for high-pressure salesmanship, for rushing jobs or for cutting corners, just to make our numbers.
We’re proud to meet or exceed Maryland’s licensing standards, and to have earned the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners’ PV [photovoltaic] Technical Sales Certification and their PV Installation Professional Certification. (Only 93 solar professionals nationwide have earned both.)
And to make sure sure your solar array goes in on time and on budget, that it performs as promised, and that it gives you decades of trouble-free, dependable, money-saving service.
Maryland’s got plenty of sunlight for you to take advantage of.
Even when it’s cloudy, a Milestone Solar system generates electricity and saves you money.
|MONTH||SUNNY DAYS||PARTLY SUNNY DAYS||TOTAL DAYS||HOURS OF SUNLIGHT|
Solar Savings in Maryland
Your federal tax credit will be 30% of your installation price. You’ll need to include form 5695 with your Federal Tax return. This credit is available until 2016 and can be rolled over.
Maryland Clean Energy Grant – 1,000 per solar (photovoltaic) project for Maryland homes and businesses.
Local Property Tax Credits – Anne Arundel, Baltimore, and Harford Counties offer property tax credits up to $2,500. Prince George County’s credit is up to $5,000.
Maryland Solar Renewable Energy Credits – As a Maryland homeowner, you receive Solar Renewable Energy Credits for every megaWatt-hour of electricity your system generates (even when you use that electricity yourself). The value of your SRECs varies with market conditions, but it’s all pure profit.
Most Milestone Solar customers report their electric bills are about half what they used to be.
What to do during a power outage
- Check your breakers and fuses.
- Check to see if your neighbors have lights.
- Report the outage.
|Baltimore Gas & Electric||877-778-2222|
|Delmarva Power||Cecil & Harford Counties 800-898-8042
Eastern Shore 800-898-8045
|Southern Maryland Electrical Cooperative||888-440-3311|
- Stay calm and stick together
- Turn off any electric ovens, ranges or space heaters you may have been using.
- Unplug sensitive home electronics that surges can damage when the power returns.
- Stay clear of downed power lines or electrical equipment where there’s standing water.
- Prevent possible fires by using flashlights instead of candles.
- Don’t use gas ovens or ranges to heat your home.
- In winter, keep your home as warm as possible by closing off unused rooms and not opening any doors unless you need to.
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer cold by keeping them closed.
- Protect your family from exhaust fumes by never, ever, running a generator inside your home, basement or any other indoor space.
What to do before a power outage
Why not call 866-688-4274 or click here to learn how a Milestone Solar system with a sealed, maintenance-free battery backup can power your essential appliances during a blackout, day or night.
You’ll get straight facts and honest answers (never salesmanship and hype) about whether solar is right for your home or business.